4.07.2011

Changes

Over the past year a lot has changed in my life. I met Brenton, we got engaged. I moved twice (once to Winona, MN and then again to Sioux Falls, SD). I transferred schools and changed majors. Ya know, we like to think that we know what our life will look like 5-10 years from now... but honestly, we have no idea. Never did I ever think this is where I would be, but I feel perfectly content with where I am and God had a better plan for me than I had for myself (big shocker there!!!). 

Isaiah 55:9 says: 
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 

God's plan is always greater than the plan we have for ourselves. We have no idea what the future will hold but its our job to trust and follow Him. 

Brenton and I are getting married in October. This gave us some time to considered where to start our life together. He put his resume online and and gave it to some people in Sioux Falls and also in Sioux City. A couple months have gone by. Not one job has been offered to Brenton in Sioux Falls but people are knocking down his doors in Sioux City to get him to work for them. We have wonderful friends and mentors in Sioux City and are both familiar with a ministry and church there.

I was not initially happy about the idea of moving again... I had just transferred and was finally starting to get comfortable in Sioux Falls and here Brenton was saying he couldn't find anything in my area. Through lots of prayer and conversation, we decided Sioux City was where we are supposed to be. I prayed for God to change my heart about it (that I would be more excited), but it is a scary thought to transfer and start over again! I take comfort in knowing that God has a plan and purpose for us there that we just don't know about yet. I have to keep telling myself, "be obedient, be patient, and follow."

I think this is one of the hardest things for people to let go of. We try to control everything and hold on to things like we have some sort of control over them. GOD is the master planner... not us. Even though Sioux City was not initially in my plans, God has made it pretty obvious that is where He wants me and my future husband.

Friends, this is a hard task we are often asked to do. To follow means obedience and no fear is necessary because God is the one in control!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Baby! That is a good post and so perfectly sums up the past year. I love you and its a blessing to be able to read your blog and see the wisdom that you offer about let God direct your life instead of yourself. I love and I hope you blog again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.