9.20.2011

Road Rage and Prayer Time

I spent the weekend in Eau Claire with my mom finishing up final wedding plans. We powered through a ton of stuff on Saturday and accomplished a lot! I don't know what I would do without her help... oh I know... pull my hair out!

I left on Sunday after church. It was a 6 hour drive for me, by myself. I got BORED! I met a couple angry people on I90 - people get so impatient! I was driving 5 over the speed limit and I'm in the process of passing a car and this guy comes up right behind me (probably only 4 feet away from the back of my car) and hurries me along. He was making hand gestures at me and waving me along and then when I finally passed the other car (and the guy behind me passed me), I think he might have flicked me off! I just don't get it.

So anyways... I was really bored and things like this happened a couple times during my drive, so I decided instead of just talking to myself, I would talk with God. I ended up praying for almost every person that passed me (including the guy who I think flicked me off)! It was actually enjoyable, and sort of comical. I was praying pretty generic prayers like: I pray they have a safe drive and I pray they have a good week at work. I also prayed for the first thing that popped into my head like: God I pray that their marriage gets better or Lord I pray that there is healing for that family. I have no idea if these people were married or had families, but I followed His guidance and prayed for the first thing that I thought of.

Needless to say, I think I discovered my new pass time in car rides...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.