12.10.2011

Sugar Scrubs

My girl Sabrina texted me before class on Friday and told me she felt like being crafty. She made herself a yarn wrapped letter for her future last name. We also made some more clay ornaments and gift tags. This was a new one for me though.. sugar scrubs.

My friend Jill had made some for MOPs (moms with preschoolers) and sold them for a fundraiser. They had some left over so she gave me a jar... love it! The olive oil leaves a coat over your skin and keeps your skin moisturized. I thought it would make cute Christmas gifts.

I found a couple recipes off of pinterest -Click here to check them out!- Sabrina and I also brainstormed other possible combinations. One not on this website, we made up, was a coffee vanilla one. Brenton and I heard on k-love, things you can do with coffee. They were saying that used coffee grounds, if rubbed on your skin, has similar effects to the lotions you can buy for cellulite. All of those creams found in the stores have caffeine in them! I used about 2 tablespoons of used coffee grounds, brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil, and vanilla extract. I have not tried it yet because I only made one jar... but it smelt really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.