4.18.2012

Baptized



Last night I was baptized. I was baptized as a baby but I believe believers baptism is an important step in a personal relationship with Christ. I gave my life to Christ 2 and a half years ago and wanted to recommit my life to Him. I had been wanting to be baptized for about a year but honestly was nervous to do it in front of a huge congregation. I talked to Matt and Chris about possibly doing it at elevate, our college ministry, and they liked the idea. So last night, 7 girls stepped up to get baptized and then after we were all dunked, 3 more folks stepped forward to also be baptized. Praise God!

Chris asked us to share a 3-5 minute testimony before we were baptized. I had planned a whole speech but when I got up there, I lost it. I don't really know how to explain it. God's love for us is so completely overwhelming and on a normal day, God only gives us a tiny glimpse of what His love actually is. Last night I feel like He poured a little bit more love out on me and I was speechless. Completely overwhelmed in His love. I just cried and got out whatever words I could... "I am so blessed". 







 Died with Christ and made new through Christ. 

Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. - Romans 6:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.