6.22.2012

Old Hymns


This was my latest project inspired by my friend Jill.

At an auction, she got a box of old books. In this box there were also old Hymnals. She was so kind letting me look through them and use them for this project.

She also made one for her sister and painted a tree over it. I am not that artistically gifted, so mine stayed plain.

Some of the titles on this canvas are Come, Thou Fount, The Wonderful Redeemer, At The Cross, My Light and My Salvation, and Steadfast and True.

I had already painted on this canvas but didn't like the way it turned out so I decided just to modge-podge these sheets over the painting. When it was drying, some of the color came through. Still looks sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.