1.23.2013

Oh How He Loves Us

So far this semester has proved to be stressful. Not because of the content, but because of one of my professor. I am taking two religion classes (NOT theology or Christianity) and after every class period, to put it lightly, I want to pull my hair out. It's not even a class where two sides of an argument are discussed. I think my professor's goal in life is to prove Christianity wrong - and to that I say good luck!

But before I get myself wound up, thats not what this post is about. Regardless of the fact I am frustrated everyday after listing to someone bash my beliefs in class, I find myself all the more glorifying God. I have been so moved lately by music and watching God work in and through people around me! It's such a great reminder that God is so much bigger and more powerful than any false prophet, and in the end, HE reigns. Last night at the college ministry my church puts on we had a sex talk. A summary of the talk was that God wants to take away all of the guilt you have from your past, help you heal, and begin the story that you someday tell your spouse. After the message, the band played the song "Oh How He Loves Us". One of the powerful lines in the song is "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way He loves us". This is such a beautiful reminder that God doesn't ponder on our past mistakes, but rather wants us to run to him with arms open and ask for His help.



He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy. When all of the sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me. And oh, how He loves us so. oh how He loves us, how He loves us so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.