5.30.2013

Lord, control my thoughts


I have a really bad habit of festering on things and letting them spin out of control. As I mentioned in a previous post, I struggle with giving up control. I attempt to fix things or predict things by running through them over and over again in my mind, and then get disappointed when things don't go the way I wanted them to. I think to myself, "I will make this happen."

Seriously, Sarah. Get a grip!

... or maybe, I shouldn't have a grip at all...

... maybe God is the only one who should have a grip.


I am working through the Jesus Calling daily devotional book this year and these past couple days have been helping me with this specific issue of letting go. Today I read: "Be still in My Presence, inviting Me to control your thoughts. Let My Light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with my very Being. This is the most effective way to receive My Peace." - Jesus Calling

LORD I NEED YOUR PEACE & PLEASE CONTROL MY THOUGHTS!

I tend to worry myself sick or get so anxious about something I am in tears. So friends, today I ask for your prayers, that I would be able to, in a sense, let go and let God. Pray that I can truly relax in His presence and find peace in the fact that he is always with me, always before me, and NEVER careless or cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.