6.10.2013

Man's Plan vs. God's Plan


My latest lesson, or more of a reminder, is that God has a plan. His plan is much bigger and better than mine, and so is His timing. I have learned that if God does not author a plan, He will not see it through to completion. I have been learning to let go of my earthly schedule and let Him work. For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. - 1 Corinthians 1:25

I have also been experiencing God's grace and reassuring presence. I am so thankful that when my plans fall through, instead of being devastated, He has protected my heart (from itself). I experience a sense of comfort and contentment - and that is purely from Him.

I think this is what is so wonderful about our God. That amongst disappointment and failed attempts, a heart can still be at peace and be filled with joy. Our guest speaker this Sunday shared this quote from Lewis Smedes which has really resonated with me: "What I needed more than pardon was a sense that God accepted me, owned me, held me, affirmed me, and would never let go of me even if he was not too much impressed with what he had on his hands." God has probably not been too much impressed with me and my plans but still His love is strong, never failing, and oh so good! I am grateful I picked up on what He was trying to tell me now rather than a year from now. It has been a refreshing and reassuring reminder.

I just wanted to share with you part of my Jesus Calling devotional for the day:
"Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen... When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours." - Jesus Calling, June 10th


Your Will, Your Way, Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.