7.17.2013

Mud Sux 5k

My first 5k! And it just so happened to be a 16 obstacle mud course. Brenton came to support me and take some pictures. When I crossed the finish line he told me they weren't doing times but that I was the 5th or 6th person to cross in a heat of about 30. I was more proud of myself for not keeling over. Man was that course tough.  I think the coolest moment for me though was towards the end. There was this gradual declining hill and the path was on this concrete gutter thing (don't know the actual term) with a little bit of water running down it. It was a moment to catch my breath while I ran and relax a little. The scripture in Hebrews and Philippians kept coming to mind as I ran... "I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize" - Philippians 3:13 "Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." - Hebrews  12:1
 Lord, thank you for the strength and endurance to finish my first 5k. Thank you for the encouragement when I felt like I wanted to quit. I know I had Your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.