9.10.2014

a thankful heart.

I'm not very good at meeting new people. I really enjoy it but I have no skills of small talk and I am awful with names. You would think I have this skill mastered with how many times I have moved and started over, but every time it is hard.

But what I have learned is when I can be brave enough to introduce myself to someone, it pays off. I have made so many good friends in all of my transitions. People who have truly impacted my life.

My heart feels so full. Thankful really.

I'm thankful to the friends who have surrounded me through every walk of life. Without judgmental opinions but rather encouraging words. I am so grateful God designed us to be relational and that He has guided me to the friends I have already met.

The joy I have felt lately has been almost overwhelming at points. It helps to have a little one squirming around inside of my belly to constantly remind me of God's miracles and goodness. Especially when it reminds me of the journey it took to become pregnant. It was all God's timing, which was hard to see then, but something I am so thankful now.

And the glorious thing about God is that He turns all of our messes into a message. Through all of the bad decisions, mistakes and struggles, it's just another opportunity to point to God to show his redemptive and restorative power. Thank you Lord for never leaving us and for continually transforming us.

I am so grateful to know that at no point have I ever been alone.


And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth." Isaiah 12:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.