1.02.2015

it's a new year



I learned a lot last year. It was emotional, challenging, rewarding and busy. I am excited for what 2015 has in store for me and my little family.

I have spent some time thinking about 2015. We are anticipating some big things like the birth of our first child, as well as plans to move and (most likely) get a different vehicle... again. But as fun as these huge things are to anticipate, I have also put some thought into my day-to-day life and the smaller goals I would like to accomplish. I chose to organize and write down this list on my blog.


2015 Goals
WORRY LESS
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." -Matthew 6:34
I struggle with anxiety. Often I wake up in the middle of the night and worry about what is on my to-do list or what I need to do the next day. This year I am choosing to take life one day at a time. I will attempt to apply this in my work life as well as my new mommy life. My mom gave me the advice that each day is different with a baby, so take it one day at a time.

COMPARISON
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." -Galatians 1:10
This is always a problem. And I have had so many conversations with other women about this. This year I will try my hardest not to fall prey to this trap. With my home, with my baby, with my marriage, and with my image I will choose to honor God and not please people. I am beYOUtiful. ;)

LOVE
"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." -Song of Solomon 6:3
"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love." -Galatians 5:13
This past year we had some tests in our marriage. We chose to stick together and take on the world as a team. This year I want to invest more in my marriage and be very aware of priorities. We will love the snot out of this little boy, but I will be intentional about loving his dad more. This sounds cheesy, but I want to fall in love with my husband every day and continue to date him. We will not loose our date night... I am determined! I also really want "love" to define 2015. I want to extend love, I want to experience love, and I want to share God's love.

READ
"Every word of God is flawless, he is a shield to those who take refuge in him." -Proverbs 30:5
I felt like 2014 was a year to discover how I learn best and what kind of routines work for me. I would like 2015 to be a year I solidify that routine (for a while at least), of spending time in the Word and investing in my personal relationship with Christ. I also have been collecting books this last year and have not read very many. I have the best intentions to get some of them read.

ORGANIZE & DE-CLUTTER
I would really love to spend some time this year organizing and tossing things we don't need. Part of this problem is the fact that our home has no storage options so things are sort of shoved into closets or any unused space. Our poor kitchen. This will be an easier task if we end up moving, but I would like to accomplish it either way.


Alright 2015... bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.