8.28.2016

Stop wishing and start doing

Lately I have been feeling convicted about my lack of quite time. This is something I used to be really good at. I made it a priority to get up early before anyone else and spend some time in the Word. But recently, it is hard for me to accomplish. I can come up with plenty of excuses.

This is not something I like admitting. But it is something I have been aware of and wanted to change for a while now.

This weekend I went with my best friends to a women's conference in Lincoln, NE. One of the speakers was Patsy Clairmont, and she said something that I needed to hear. She made a comment along the lines of, "you can't just say you WANT to be different, you have to get up each day and BE different." Do the hard work, and be different. Now this is a really simple and obvious thing, but it was the kick in the butt I needed.

I have been unsuccessful in just wishing things would change. It is my job to make the change.
Set my alarm. Don't hit snooze. GET UP!

I just wanted to share this tiny little nugget to encourage you to do the same.

Maybe this is something you needed to hear too. Whatever that thing is that you have been wishing would change or wishing you would start, DO IT! Whether its working out, spending some time growing in your faith, reading a book, starting a blog, eating healthy, etc... go for it!

You can do this. You got this.
(^words I need to hear too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.