1.18.2017

Why Not?



For Christmas I was given the book The Magnolia Story written by Chip and Joanna Gaines. If you have not heard about this book, it is the story behind the show Fixer Upper and their journey to where they are at now. This book is entertaining, but even more than that... inspiring!

They started with no money and a dream. Jo had a dream and Chip encouraged her to follow it. He simply said to her, "why not?"

It has encouraged me to think "why not?"

I have dreams that linger in the back of my mind. In the past I would just ignore them or push them aside. It's not the time. There is no way I could pull that off. Where would that money come from?

As a mom, I want to encourage my kids to dream. To never feel like they are being placed in a box and that they can accomplish anything they put their minds too. So why would I not assume that same posture for myself?

So, I have allowed some of those dreams to come to the forefront of my mind. I'm asking God to be my business partner and guide me on a journey.

I don't know timing, I don't know details. I just know that I want to be an inspiration to my kids. I want to show them that it's OK to chase fiercely after dreams and to be a light to people. To do the things that make you happy and allow God to guide you on your way.

"In the end I am the only one who can give my children a happy mother who loves life" 
-Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard

What is your dream? Can I ask you, "why not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.